The issues and questions that face the higher education community are often confronted most effectively in a collective manner. The Faculty Resource Network’s series of symposia and institutes are designed to bring faculty and administrators together to examine the broader issues that are timely and important in academia.
During these three-day events, participants listen to keynote speakers and panelists and participate in breakout sessions, all of which invite critical analysis of the selected topic.
In the Spring following each Fall symposium, we publish the proceedings in our online journal, NETWORK: A Journal of Faculty Development.
Previous National Symposia
- 2008: Defining and Promoting Student Success
- 2007: Advancing Women and the Underrepresented in the Academy
- 2006: The Millennial Student
- 2005: Spirituality and Higher Education
- 2004: Beyond Brown vs. Board of Education: Diversity and Higher Education
- 2003: Approaching Assessment: The Road Ahead
- 2002: Being a Professor…
- 2000: The Future of Liberal Arts Education
- 1999: The Teaching and Learning Continuum